Thank you for considering a career opportunity with Community Memorial Hospital. For more information about employment opporunities or a career at CMH, please view our job openings and fill out an online application.
Community Memorial Hospital (CMH) strives to be an employer of choice and to exceed our customer’s expectations 100% of the time. All CMH team members make every effort to meet our high standards of behavior. After reading our Behavior Standards below, please continue with the application process if your personal standards align with ours.
CMH BEHAVIOR STANDARDS
We believe that each of us controls our own attitude and that what is important is not so much what happens to us, but how we choose to react to it. We believe we must recruit, retain, and reward people who make a positive difference in peop?le’s lives.
1. We will act in a professional manner while on stage. Our appearance and actions reflect our competency and caring. We will not use profanity or profane gestures anywhere on the Hospital grounds. We will follow the Hospital’s dress code, including covering visible tattoos, wearing no more than four earrings per ear, and displaying no visible body piercings; team members shall not wear excessive amounts of cologne or perfume.
2. We will make eye contact and acknowledge each person we pass in the hall, even if it is the 10th time today
3. We will keep a sincerely good attitude by smiling, being friendly, and courteous, and saying, “Please and thank you.”
4. We will not engage in or listen to negativity or gossip. We recognize that listening without acting to stop it is the same as participating.
We believe we must always treat each other with dignity and respect. We must never compromise our integrity in order to command respect for our contributions within the co?mmunity.
5. We will identify ourselves as team members for the benefit of our patients and visitors. We will always wear our nametags above the waist, below the neck, outside the attire and visible at all times.
6. We will always knock before entering an office or patient room.
7. When we are with a guest, they will have our full attention. We will introduce ourselves to every patient. We will show respect by calling them Mr. or Mrs. unless we know them well and confirm with them that it is okay to call them by their first name; other than when providing care, we will be at eye level when speaking with a patient.
8. We will always display compassion and empathy for every patient and team member, regardless of their social, economic, or educational status for they come to us vulnerable--in need of our help. We will never criticize or use negative body language toward patients or team members. We will keep personal conversations offstage, out of earshot of the patients and visitors.
9. When a patient is ambulating or in a wheelchair, we will respect their dignity by keeping their gown closed. We will add a second gown or bathrobe if needed.
10. We will respect our environment by keeping all public areas clean and free of clutter. We will return equipment to the proper place promptly. If we see a piece of trash on the ground, we will always stop and pick it up.
11. We will take the patient down our back hall if possible to respect their privacy.
12. We will show respect by not interrupting or having “side” conversations when someone is speaking.
We believe through teamwork we can produce better results than we would collectively produce as individuals. If we are to truly commit to excellence, we must help each other be accountable to our mission and values.
13. We will not make negative comments about our fellow team member’s workload or work habits to patients or other team members, and we will take every opportunity to speak well of each other.
14. We will never say, “It’s not my job” or “We are short-staffed.”
15. If we make a mistake, we will admit it, learn from it so we do not repeat it, and move on. We will remind each other of our Standards and accept corrections in a positive manner.
16. We will ask if we can help someone who needs it without being asked; and if we need help, we will not be afraid to ask for it.
17. We will go out of our way to make new team members feel welcome and to support our team members during tough times.
18. When issues arise, we will address them with the individual, talking TO THEM instead of ABOUT THEM. We will keep the lines of communication open and not react defensively.
We believe that our reputation is determined by our service and that our work must be done with the intent of delighting our customers by exceeding their expectations. In order to provide great service to patients and physicians, we must first provide great service to our co-workers.
19. We will greet every patient or visitor and offer to escort them to their destination.
20. Telephone etiquette: We will strive to answer every departmental phone call in three rings or less and with a smile in our voice. When answering the phone, we will identify our department, our name, and ask how we may help the caller. We will ask the callers permission before putting them on hold. We will keep our voice mail greetings short--less than 15 seconds.
21. We will apologize for and explain any delay in service or care that is longer than 15 minutes, explain how long it is expected to take, and keep the customer updated within that time frame.
22. We will anticipate the customer’s needs and questions by explaining what’s going to happen to the patient before it happens, how long it will take, and what happens after we finish.
23. If we fail to meet a customer’s expectations, we will immediately acknowledge it, apologize for it, and personally be sure we make amends.
24. We will always ask, “Is there anything else I can do for you?” before we leave every patient.
We believe in continuous improvement and recognize that everything we do is a process that can be eliminated, simplified, or standardized. We must continue to grow and learn in order to provide better outcomes than our competition.
25. We will seek out and attend opportunities to improve our personal and professional skills in order to improve our competencies and to create and develop leaders throughout our organization. We will provide support to our fellow team members so they can participate, learn, and grow.
26. We will measure what is important and recognize the value of teams to improve the results. We will consider it an honor to be asked to serve on a team, committee, or task force.
27. We will work to create efficient and effective systems so that we do not spend our time repeatedly fixing problems.
28. We will seek out a blameless culture, yet not yield to excuses, mediocrity, and carelessness.
29. We will take measures to prevent accidents and promptly report near misses and accidents when they do occur.
We believe we can and should have fun at work.
30. We will recognize, reward, and celebrate our successes.
31. We will reward and recognize team members who participate in Hospital activities that promote fun, involvement, and team building.
32. We will recognize that fun and laughter belong in the workplace; we will laugh out loud and not be afraid to laugh at ourselves.
All employees are required to review and sign the Behavior Standards prior to employment. Behavior Standards are also reviewed annually with employee supervisors.
Equal Employment Opporunity
This organization does not discriminate in any way to deprive any person of employment opportunities or otherwise adversely affect the status of any employee because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, veteran status, or military or uniformed services, in accordance with all applicable governmental laws and regulations. In addition, the facility complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to: hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. If you are an applicant with a mental or physical disability who needs a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, contact our director of Human Resources. Click the Contact Us tab on this website for the main telephone number and ask for Human Resources.
Equal Employment Opportunity is the law.